50 of the Best Places to Get Information about Being a Nanny
Do you love kids? Are you considering becoming a nanny? While there’s no special training or education required to work as a nanny, there is a lot that goes into really shining in this career. To find a great position, make sure that your resume is up to date and clearly shows that you’re a knowledgeable and experienced childcare provider. Parents are interested in hiring more than just a warm body to watch over their children; they want someone who blends seamlessly into their family and who they can trust to provide attentive care to their children. This is best shown through excellent references, a clean criminal background check, a good driving record and more. These 50 posts will guide you through what it takes to become a nanny and help you determine if it’s the right career choice for you.
For tips and tricks about becoming a nanny, check out these 10 nanny websites. They’ll take you through how to fill out an application, what parents are looking for in a nanny, qualities a good nanny should possess and much more.
- www.enannysource.com Learn how to fill out an application that will set you apart from other nanny candidates.
- www.nannypro.com Find out what expectations families have for their nannies, as well as what you should expect from a position.
- www.gonannies.com Read about the typical responsibilities a nanny has and various things that can come up when interviewing with different families.
- Babycenter.com Check out the signs of a good nanny and try to adopt the traits discussed in this post.
- Yahoo.com This post explains the different steps you should take to become a nanny.
- Whattoexpect.com While this article is written for parents interested in hiring a nanny, it helps nannies understand what parents are looking for so nannies can shine during an interview.
- Tinies.com These interview tips will prepare you well for your interview and may help you land your dream nanny job.
- Education Portal Read through these tips and skills that a nanny should possess and things you can do to make yourself more marketable.
- Jobsite You’ll find the types of education you can pursue to help you become a great nanny, as well as how to get started in the industry.
- Wisegeek Tips for becoming a nanny can be found in this post, as well as information regarding the differences between using an agency and finding a job on your own.
If you enjoy traveling and want to see the world, being a nanny abroad may be the perfect fit for you. Nannies who work abroad can make a good living while experiencing a new culture. Since most of your expenses will be covered by the employer you will be able to travel and save money. Before pursuing a career nannying abroad, you’ll need to carefully consider the qualifications necessary to be a legal employee in the country you’re interested in working in. These 10 posts explain various things you might want to consider about being a nanny in another country and different countries you might be able to find a nanny job.
- National Career Service Find out how you can work as a nanny in the UK with little or no nanny experience.
- www.workingabroadmagazine.com Learn how to get a nanny job overseas and find out how nanny jobs differ across the pond.
- National Nannies Read through this article to find out how to get registered as a nanny in the UK.
- Royal Nannies Find out what it takes to become a royal nanny in the UK and read through the guidelines that are given for the tasks that will most likely be expected from a nanny.
- JCR Au Pairs and Nannies Learn the differences between an au pair, nanny and mother’s helper to determine which position you are qualified for.
- Peekaboo Child Care Check out this site to find out what is required to become a nanny overseas.
- Smart Gap Year If you are interested in taking a year off between high school and college you may want to travel overseas as a nanny.
- Travels.com Follow the steps outlined on this post to prepare to be a nanny abroad.
- Kensington Nannies This company has an established track record of placing nannies.
- Careersnz If you’ve ever wanted to live and explore New Zealand, you may want to consider nannying there.
People often have the misconception that nannies are nothing more than glorified babysitters; however, this couldn’t be further from the truth. Every working arrangement is different and your responsibilities will differ based on your employer. While a babysitter is only in the home for a short period of time, nannies are responsible for creating a stimulating environment and ensuring that the children’s social, educational, emotional and physical needs are met on an ongoing basis. These 10 posts explain what it’s like to be a nanny and give you a deeper look at this position.
- For Dummies Learn what being a nanny is all about and what qualities you need to have to become a nanny.
- jobacle.com To decide if you can take on the role of as a nanny, read about obstacles you may encounter on the job.
- Nanny:Career Information Find out how many nannies are currently employed and the qualifications you need to be one of them.
- Nannypalooza.com This event is put on each year to support nannies and let them know that someone cares about them.
- Nanny.org Check out the recommended practices for nannies, as well as some basic information for new nannies and those considering a new career.
- Becoming a Nanny Read all about what being a nanny entails and what you can do to prepare for an interview.
- Job Shadow Determine whether being a nanny is truly right for you by shadowing a nanny in her day-to-day activities.
- BC Babble This site has basic interview questions that you may encounter, as well as other helpful information.
- StateUniversity.com Take a look at the information on this site to learn about your potential living and working conditions and what to expect on the job.
- Myjobsearch.com Read through this extensive list of qualifications, skills and certifications that can bolster up your resume.
Benefits to Being a Nanny
If you love kids then one huge benefit to pursuing a career as a nanny is getting to work with kids on a daily basis. After all, not many people get to do what they love for a living. You also are able to form an emotional connection with both the children under your care and the parents that employ you, even becoming an extension of the family in some positions. These emotional benefits lay the foundation for job satisfaction. Read through these 10 posts to learn about the various benefits that could be offered to you as a nanny.
- Empowernetwork.com Find out why many college graduates are deciding to become a nanny after graduation.
- FullTimeNanny.com This article is full of information regarding the benefits of being a full-time nanny.
- Nanny.org Check out the annual International Nanny Association Salary and Benefits survey to see what benefits are typically offered.
- Center for Entreprenomics Read about the benefits of being a nanny abroad and learn how the experience can help you in the future.
- College Nannies and Tutors You can work part-time as a nanny while you are going to college to gain experience and earn some money.
- Super Nanny Canada Check out how the benefits of being a nanny in Canada differ than if you were a nanny in the U.S.
- The Nanny Diary Learn how it’s possible to be a nanny and go to college, and how it can be less stressful than many other jobs.
- Nanny Magazine Find out five reasons you should be proud to be a nanny and learn about Nanny Recognition Week.
- Payscale.com Discover what kind of wages a nanny earns and what additional benefits you may be able to negotiate into the deal.
- I Saw Your Nanny Read what other nannies have said they get in the way of benefits so that you are aware of different benefits can be offered in a position.
Tips You Should Know as a Nanny
Before you become a nanny it’s important to arm yourself with as much knowledge as you can. Taking a class in first aid and CPR can not only help you save a life, it can also make you more attractive to a prospective employer. Working with children of all ages, whether it’s through volunteering or working in a daycare, can help you gain valuable experience to put on your resume. You’ll find many tips from experienced nannies in these 10 articles that will help you land your first nanny job.
- Sprichie.com Learn six discipline tricks that all nannies should know before they start their nanny career.
- Morningsidenannies.com Check out this blog post to find out how you can gain experience with children that will help you in your nanny job search.
- The Nanny Support Group Read questions and answers from seasoned nannies to learn tips you can use in your nanny job.
- 4Nannies.com Joining a support group can give you the resources that you need to learn tips and tricks from experienced nannies.
- Caregivingcafe.com Take a look at these tips for starting a nanny support group in your area.
- Dailymail.co.uk According to this article, knowing self-defense and other safety techniques might help you land a better nanny job.
- American Nanny and Parenting Institute Find out what you can learn at this nanny school and how education can lead to higher wages.
- Forbes.com Take a look at the tips from the nanny of the year in this article.
- Everyday Family Read this post to learn five things an employer might want you to know when you are caring for her child.
- The Nanny Doctor Find a list of 10 safety tips all nannies should be aware of when caring for children.
Comments are closed.
Become A Nanny TodayEnter
- Teaching Kids: How to Sing
- Teaching Kids: How to Study
- Teaching Kids: How to Stop Fighting
- Teaching Kids: How to Say I’m Sorry
- Teaching Kids: How to Cope with Bullies
- Teaching Kids: How to Ride a Bike
- Teaching Kids: How to Read
- Teaching Kids: How to Cook
- Teaching Kids: How to Clean
- Teaching Kids: How to Value Money
- Teaching Kids: How to Pray